What if I have been divorced?

If one or both members of the couple are divorced, documentation relating to each divorce will be required. If you live and were divorced in Canada, you must bring the original or court-certified copy of the final decree, final judgment or certificate of divorce to your local municipal office when you are purchasing the marriage licence.

If you live or were divorced outside of Canada, you may be required to submit documents to the Provincial Government several weeks prior to applying for a licence. Contact your local municipal office for further information or check the Ontario Government Website for additional requirements on Getting Remarried in Ontario after a Divorce.