What’s Included in my ceremony fee?
Complimentary Meeting (Prior to booking)
- An initial COMPLIMENTARY face-to-face, Skype or phone meeting (if that is more convenient for you) with Martin PRIOR to committing to book.
- During this meeting I will listen to your vision for your ceremony and offer various suggestions and ideas as to how we can create your personalized ceremony.
Ceremony Planning (After booking)
- After booking with Martin (Ceremonies With Choice) you will be provided a ceremony planning guide that will help you create ceremony of your dreams.
- As an experienced wedding Officiant, I invite you to think of me as a resource to answer any questions and to help you create your unique and memorable ceremony. I’m available by email, text, phone, FaceTime or Skype or meet face-to-face at my office (at no additional cost)
- Two – three weeks out from your wedding day, we’ll schedule a face-to-face review meeting to do a talk-walk through of your wedding and confirm decisions on aspects such as procession, who will have the rings, how you’d like to be standing etc.
- There are lots of details and stress in weddings. My goal with the review meeting is to ensure you are as relaxed and comfortable as possible with your ceremony so you can enjoy your wedding day.
- I will also ask you to bring your marriage license with you to the review meeting, so I can prepare it for your wedding day. And…it’s one less item for you to remember!
- I can offer suggestions regarding other vendors by providing a comprehensive list of wedding professionals (DJ’s, musicians, photographers, venues, florists, etc.) that I have worked with and highly recommend.
Day of your Wedding
- I typically arrive approximately 30 minutes prior to the start of your ceremony (barring uncontrollable factors such as road closures, traffic accidents or weather conditions).
- On the day of your wedding I will review your ceremony with the other vendors (musicians, venue/event coordinator, wedding planner, wedding party, photographers, videographers as well as any readers and/or sponsors, etc.) to ensure that everyone knows what to expect.
After your Ceremony
- After your ceremony, your Officiant will complete and mail your marriage licenseto the Office of the Registrar General.
- Weeks after your marriage ceremony you will be provided the links and information to purchase your Marriage Certificate from the Registrar General.
- Long after your wedding ceremony has taken place, I’m available for ongoing questions and support. As a Marriage and Family Therapist, I also offer couples marriage enrichment sessions.
Considering a Rehearsal: $175.00 (+HST)
- When considering a rehearsal, my rule of thumb is definitely consider having one if you have a large wedding party (bride and groom each have more than four attendants) or you are including some cultural or other elements in the ceremony that involve others.
- I will facilitate up to a 60-minute wedding rehearsal (alongside your wedding planner if you’ve hired one) with your entire wedding party at your venue location. We will rehearse all aspects of your wedding ceremony step-by-step to ensure that everyone knows what to do and what to expect.
- You have spent much time planning your Wedding Day, and a rehearsal will reduce the stress and potential confusion for both you and your wedding party.