Your wedding day is a very important day in your life. I feel it is vital to ensure you’re comfortable with creating your wedding ceremony and with me as your officiant. We’ll work together to create a personalized, meaningful wedding ceremony.
As a humanist wedding officiant, I invite couples to design a wedding ceremony that perfectly reflects who they are – whether traditional, contemporary or unique.
To assist you, I’ll give you some sample wording for each segment of your ceremony. Please feel free to use any of the sample wordings in the guide, or if you’re inspired, you can create something completely unique.
This is how we’ll begin:
- Please contact me to see whether your wedding date matches my availability. If I am not available, I’ll happily provide you with names of other humanist wedding officiants around Toronto.
- We’ll schedule an initial consultation over the phone or in person so I can hear and understand your vision of your wedding ceremony. At our first meeting, you’re under no obligation or pressure to make any decisions – including choosing me as your wedding officiant.
- I invite you to download the Wedding Services Agreement in this fillable pdf.
- Once you’ve decided to work with me, you’ll need to complete the preliminary documents and the agreement and make a deposit (payable by cash, cheque, Email Money Transfer, or VISA, MasterCard) to confirm your wedding date.
- We’ll then collaborate and finalize details of your wedding ceremony through email or over the phone.
- Approximately 2 weeks before your wedding, we’ll meet again to walk through the details of your ceremony such as the procession, who will have the rings, how you would like to be standing and deal with any other questions you may have.
- Some couples decide they would like me to be present for the rehearsal and I’m happy to do so although there is an additional charge for this service.
I look forward to your call.